Covering Climate Now Is Hiring!
Covering Climate Now is recruiting two Engagement Managers and a Project Coordinator.
Covering Climate Now is looking for two energetic, experienced managers to maintain and grow our relationships with partner media outlets — one will focus on US local television initiative and another will serve the rest of our partners throughout the world. Relationship nurturing, systems thinking, innovation, program design, strategic planning, and creativity are key in these roles.
Engagement Managers will develop relationships with partners, including local television stations, and engage with internal editorial and development contacts. This work includes establishing and nurturing contacts, assessing partner needs, and providing training, as well as strategic and editorial support, as partners work to improve their coverage of climate change and engage their community. At CCNow, the Engagement Managers will work with the Engagement Director and other senior staff to maintain the relationship management processes, create meaningful collaborations between partners, develop tailored training programs, and identify opportunities for new tools and resources to benefit the wider CCNow collaborative. They will also work on internal and external communications to promote and share updates and outcomes. Ideal candidates will have climate reporting expertise. For the position focused on local television, local television news experience is preferred.
- 5+ years experience as a manager or in a similar role at an organization related to journalism
- Climate knowledge
- Local television experience (for the US local television initiative Engagement Manager)
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience identifying opportunities and improving the reach, effectiveness, and strategic alignment of complex programs
- Program leadership and project management experience, with proven ability to manage complex or multiple projects, gain support on initiatives, and drive successful execution of cross-functional projects under tight deadlines
- Strong critical thinking, research, and analysis skills, including a proven ability to assess a large set of opportunities and distill complex issues into strategic decisions, structured frameworks, and cohesive action plans
- A systems thinker who can identify and understand the needs of individuals within the context of organizational change
- Strong negotiation, communication, and networking skills
- Familiarity with CRM systems
- Multi-lingual and multi-cultural experiences appreciated
This is a full-time remote position, available immediately. CCNow is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Salary range — 110-120k, depending on experience — with benefits. Please submit by May 31.
Covering Climate Now seeks an energetic, detail-oriented, self-motivated individual to coordinate day-to-day operations of Covering Climate Now on organizational initiatives related to its website, partner relations, and awards program.
Company operations – support the Executive Director and Managing Director in efforts to run the organization; organize external accounts and internal systems of organization; onboard new staff; file expense reports; and provide technical support to staff as needed.
Mailings and list management – manage weekly mailings, announcements, and event invites through Mailchimp; assist with upkeep of lists through Airtable & Mailchimp and support our use of Meltwater analytics.
Industry events – Keep track of conferences and proposal deadlines and coordinate CCNow submissions with department leads.
Web posting, research & writing – support the Digital Editor; publish daily partner stories; update the site as needed; and develop journalist resources.
Awards project coordination – work with the Awards Director on the submissions, judging and rollout of the Awards Project. Manage outgoing institutional communications, including mass mailings via Mailchimp and MailMerge; provide scheduling support, asset management, and process coordination.
Other – event design & Zoom tech support, including during event and post-event asset management; and sporadic social media support.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Systems thinker with methodical approach to data, documents, processes, and who is independently motivated to improve organization of systems and processes
- Enthusiasm about quality climate journalism
- Outgoing service-oriented personality able to communicate clearly with people at multiple levels
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- Proficient computer skills and ability to quickly learn new software platforms like Award Force, Canva, Mailchimp, Airtable, and Meltwater and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Zoom
This is a full-time remote position, available immediately. CCNow is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Salary range — 60-70k, depending on experience — with benefits. Please submit by May 31.